Unconventional for a true wireless earbud, the Yamaha TW-E7B Earbuds employs a large 10mm driver unit with a large-diameter voice coil realizing truly musical low-frequency reproduction. The diaphragm is highly responsive, accurately reproducing tonal qualities with particular sensitivity to the dynamic lulls and rises in the sound. Unnecessary vibrations and echo interferences have been minimized due to the housing design, delivering clear high frequencies and excellent spatial expression. Air inside the housing is carefully controlled with ‘leak-holes’ on the front and back of the driver housing, efficiently maximizing the performance of the driver unit.
Excellent wearability ensures comfort over lengthy listening periods but is also vital to minimize sound leakage, producing rich low-frequency sounds and overall accurate audio. The mechanical design of the TW-E7B is such that minimal pressure is placed on various parts of the ear, reducing wearing fatigue over long listening periods. Further, the elliptical design ensures a comfortable fit for different ear shapes, simply by rotating the earbud into the most comfortable position. In addition, the 5 different ear-tip sizes provides a tight yet comfortable fit, ensuring full frequency reproduction over extended listening periods, with low levels of fatigue.
Every ear is different. Often the left and right ear of the same person has different characteristics. Differences in each ear can impact the sound, particularly when using earbuds. A small ear canal has a small space volume which can lead to an increase is low-range sounds, affecting the overall sound balance. Listening Optimizer analyzes and corrects the effects of individual ear shapes and wearing in real-time. The TW-E7B has an internal microphone which monitors the signal affected by the shape of the ear canal and how the earbud is worn, calculating the difference from the original audio signal, and finally correcting the difference so that it can deliver True Sound.
Yamaha’s own unique algorithm is employed on the TW-E7B with a focus on retaining the nuances of the music while blocking out external noise. Traditional ANC uses an internal mic to listen to noise in the ear canal. However often the sound in the listeners’ ear canal also includes music, which is then also at risk of also being suppressed. Traditionally this is overcome by applying EQ correction to the music signal in advance, raising the low-frequency level that is likely to be compressed. This can however degrade the audio by applying unnecessary processing of the sound. Yamaha’s propriety algorithm analyses the signal received from the internal mic and the playback music signal, calculating and filtering noise components, then finally separates the noise component leaving the music signal untouched for optimum sound.
Yamaha TW-E7B Earbuds Features
- Yamaha True Sound: CLOSER TO THE ARTIST astonishing realism, detail, and clarity
- Listening Optimizer: corrects the sound in real-time, adapting to you and your environment
- Advanced ANC: Yamaha-exclusive Active Noise-Cancelling technology that leaves your music pure and untouched
- Listening Care – Advanced: dynamic loudness optimization for full-range sound at lower listening volumes
- Crystal-clear calls with advanced mic design and Qualcomm® cVc (Clear Voice Capture)
- Stable wireless connectivity with Qualcomm® TrueWireless™ Mirroring and role swapping features
- Ambient Sound mode for use when we need to be aware of our surroundings
- Gaming Mode reduces the delay between sound and video, optimizing performance for gaming use and video content
- In-ear detection provides seamless and smooth operation
- Custom EQ setting in Headphone Control App
- IPX5 water and sweat resistant
- Long-lasting: up to 22 hours of total battery life (6 h + 16 h)