Both new Mercedes-AMG EQE models offer a performance-oriented drive concept with two electric motors. The powerful electric drivetrain (eATS), with a motor on each of the axles, also offers fully variable all-wheel drive, which optimally transmits the drive power to the asphalt under all driving conditions. The power spectrum ranges from 350 kW (476 hp) in the EQE 43 4MATIC to 505 kW (687 hp) in the EQE 53 4MATIC+ with optional AMG Dynamic Plus Package and boosts function. The maximum torque ranges from 858 to 1000 Nm.
Mercedes-AMG models have always stood for emotionality. The vehicle sound has always been an important part of the hallmark AMG driving experience – even for all-electric AMG Performance vehicles. The sound system creates a unique sound experience with the help of special speakers, a bass actuator, and a sound generator. There are the “Authentic” and optional “Performance” programs (only EQE 53 with AMG Dynamic Plus Package). Both are available in three variants each: “Balanced”, “Sport” and “Powerful”. The tonality and intensity of this exclusive AMG Sound Experience is tuned to the current driving status, the selected drive program, or the driver’s wishes, both inside and out.
The new Mercedes-AMG EQE models are equipped with a powerful 328-volt high-performance drive battery manufactured using the latest lithium-ion technology. It has a usable energy content of 90.6 kWh and consists of ten modules with a total of 360 pouch cells. The battery management system in the EQE 53 is also tuned specifically for AMG. In the Sport and Sport+ drive programs, the focus is on performance, in the Comfort drive program the focus is on operating range.
The battery generation is characterized by a high energy density and a high charging capacity. Another new feature is the possibility to install updates for the battery management system over the air for continuous improvements over the life cycle. The EQE 53 4MATIC+ also features an AMG-specific wiring harness adapted to the higher performance capability. A major advance in sustainability has been achieved in cell chemistry: the cobalt content is reduced to ten percent. The optimized active material consists of nickel, cobalt, and manganese in a ratio of 8:1:1.
Another advantage of the new battery generation is the short charging times. The energy storage system can charge up to 170 kW at fast-charging stations with direct current. In this case, electricity for 180 kilometers (WLTP) can be recharged in just 15 minutes. Thanks to the onboard charger, the electrified AMG can be conveniently charged at home or at public charging stations with 11 kW or optionally 22 kW with alternating current.
The interior is also dominated by style-defining AMG features. Here the new models offer a sporty ambiance, including AMG seats with individual graphics and special seat covers in ARTICO man-made leather with Microcut microfibre and red decorative topstitching. Alternatively, seat upholstery in Nappa leather is optionally available, also with AMG-specific seat graphics. In addition, there are AMG badges on the backrests of the front seats and embossed AMG emblems in the front head restraints.
- Instrument panel and beltlines in space grey Artico man-made leather with Neotex grain and red topstitching
- Door centre panels and also transition from centre console to instrument panel in black Microcut microfibre with red topstitching
- AMG Performance steering wheel in Nappa leather, with flattened lower section, perforated in the grip area with silver-colored aluminum paddles for setting various recuperation levels, in addition to standard AMG steering wheel buttons
- AMG sports pedals, AMG floor mats, and door sill trims with AMG lettering (illuminated with exchangeable cover)
The AMG Performance steering wheel with its striking twin-spoke design and seamlessly integrated buttons combines visual stability with lightness. The steering wheel rim, which is flattened at the bottom and covered in Nappa leather, can be heated as an option. The standard AMG steering wheel buttons impress with brilliant displays. This allows important driving functions and the drive programs to be controlled without having to take your hands off the steering wheel. Numerous parameters can be selected directly. The menus on the left steering wheel button can be individually supplemented, exchanged, or reduced. For this, there is a list in the Multimedia Touch Display or in the optional Hyperscreen with more than 15 information and setting options as a direct selection for the steering wheel buttons.
AMG EQE 43 4MATIC – €103,827.50
- Maximum total output (without/with AMG DYNAMIC PLUS Package):350 kW (476 hp)
- Maximum total torque (without/with AMG DYNAMIC PLUS Package): 858 Nm
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h (without/with AMG DYNAMIC PLUS Package): 4.2 seconds (min. 50% state-of-charge)
- Top speed (without/with AMG DYNAMIC PLUS Package): 210 km/h
- Range: 463–534 km
AMG EQE 53 4MATIC+ – €109,777.50
- Maximum total output (without/with AMG DYNAMIC PLUS Package):460 kW (626 hp) / 505 kW (687 hp)
- Maximum total torque (without/with AMG DYNAMIC PLUS Package): 950 Nm / 1000 Nm/li>
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h (without/with AMG DYNAMIC PLUS Package): 3.5 / 3.3 seconds (min. 70% state-of-charge)
- Top speed (without/with AMG DYNAMIC PLUS Package): 220 km/h / 240 km/h
- Range: 459–526 km