Built from the ground up on a new platform with a new frame, steering, fairing, and more, Experia offers an exciting riding experience no matter where your route takes you, with the thrills of a sportbike and the comfort of a traditional touring bike. Both the rider and the passenger will share an exhilarating riding experience without sacrificing supreme comfort.
Experia now brings Energica’s innovative spirit into an entirely new segment of riding. To counter the additional bulk and, therefore weight required to provide the comfort expected of any touring platform, Energica has utilized new technologies to lower the mass and weight of the heaviest components. Battery, motor, and frame are all redesigned. A new aerodynamic fairing maximizes not only weather and wind protection but range. The result is a Green Tourer: excellent rider and passenger comfort, the longest travel distance between charging sessions, and the shortest time to charge of all-electric motorcycles on the road today.
The Experia battery boasts a new internal RESS (Rechargeable Energy Storage System) geometry, adding capacity while centralizing mass. This provides a lower center of gravity to give the vehicle superior low-speed handling while still enjoying the largest battery capacity of any electric motorcycle currently on the market, at 22.5 kWh maximum that can be charged from 0-80% in just 40 minutes at a Level 3/DC Fast Charger. Riders also have the option to use Level 2 or 1 charging on the road or at home. These offerings confirm Energica as the only electric motorcycle manufacturer to offer riders all three levels of charging.
The Energica Experia fairing provides excellent weather and wind protection while remaining stylish and unobtrusive. New voluminous hard side panniers and a top case with a total capacity of 112 liters will be included in the Launch Edition, designed for long-distance travel. The Launch Edition will also include bar ends and bolts in black ergal, heated handgrips, and aluminum rims with red details.
Experia is the fourth all-electric motorcycle based on the company’s Italian racing heritage in Energica’s award-winning line-up. Experia is currently in manufacturing and is expected to be delivered to dealers in the U.S. by this fall.
Energica Experia Features
- Range: 420 km (261 miles) City / 256 km (160 miles) Combined / 208 km (130 miles) Extra-urban
- Battery capacity: 22.5 kWh Max. / 19.6 kWh Nominal
- Charging time: 0-80% in 40 minutes with a Level 3/DC Fast charger, compatible with all levels of charging
- Peak power: 75 kW (102 HP) Sustained: 60 kW (80 HP)
- Torque: 115 Nm (85 lb. ft.)
- Top speed: Limited at 180 km/h (112 mph)
- 7 Riding Modes: Eco, Urban, Rain, Sport, plus 3 Rider Customizable Modes
- Regenerative Braking: High, Medium, Low, Off
- Traction Control: Six levels of intervention combined with the existing eABS and the Cornering Bosch 9.3 MP
- Motor: EMCE Permanent Magnet Assisted Synchronous Reluctance Motor (PMASynRM)
- Starting from $ 25,880 + VAT