The CSTM80, part of Drop’s new CSTM series, is a tenkeyless mechanical keyboard that empowers users to express their individuality like never before. Its standout feature is a magnetic top case that can be effortlessly swapped out to align with personal style and preferences. Unlike conventional “customizable” keyboards, the CSTM80’s magnetic case envelops nearly the entire keyboard, offering an expansive canvas for users to create intricate designs.
Jef Holove, CEO of Drop, expressed, “As we continue to explore new horizons in personal expression, we were inspired to expand how our enthusiast community can further personalize their keyboards beyond just keycap modifications. With our innovative CSTM series, we are redefining keyboard customization, allowing users to tailor their keyboards to meet both their design preferences and performance expectations. We’re excited to expand our CSTM product range and look forward to introducing new innovations in the future.”
The CSTM80 keyboard brings an array of features, including a gasket-mounted design, custom ABS keycaps with shine-through side legends optimized for south-facing switches, PCBA-mounted stabilizers, 5-pin switch support, vibrant LED lighting, and a customizable weight with four switch plate options. Additionally, it incorporates premium foam layers for superior sound and a more satisfying typing experience. Users can choose from two switch options—Gateron Brown Pro 3.0 or Gateron Yellow KS3—to further personalize their typing experience.
Key Features of the CSTM80 Keyboard
- Gasket-mounted design with a tenkeyless layout and a magnetically attached customizable case.
- Per-key RGB LEDs, custom ABS south-facing keycaps, PCBA-mounted stabilizers, and 5-pin switch support (fully assembled keyboards come with a set of MacOS keys for Apple users).
- Polycarbonate color cases: white, black, Laser Purple, Skiidata orange, and Jasmine Green.
- Aluminum cases: anodized silver and black.
- Custom weight options: stainless steel with black PVD coating, stainless steel with chromatic PVD coating, and brass with clear coating.
- Switch Plates: Brass, Fr4, Carbon Fiber, and POM (available for purchase separately).
- Supports Drop’s keyboard configurator, QMK, and VIA (VIAL support later this year).
The CSTM80 is now available on the Drop website in two configurations – barebones for $99 and fully assembled, which includes the keyboard, keycaps, switches, stabilizers, and a black polycarbonate case for $149. Customers can also purchase polycarbonate color cases separately for $25 each, as well as an upgraded forged aluminum case in anodized silver or black for $59 each. Drop is also debuting two artwork cases designed by OSHETART and Chasing Artworks for $39 each, with more designed cases and collaborations in the pipeline.
Tech enthusiasts and keyboard customization aficionados can now explore new levels of personalization and performance with the CSTM80, redefining the keyboard customization landscape.