Powered by the light-weight, compact-yet-powerful G16E-GTS turbo-charged, direct/port injected three-cylinder engine, GR Corolla delivers 300 hp and 273 lb.-ft. of torque. Engineered for snappy acceleration out of the corners, output hits peak torque at 3000-5500 rpm, with max horsepower coming at 6500 rpm. Its thrill-inducing power is piped via a unique triple exhaust that’s designed to reduce backpressure for max power delivery.
The G16-E engine is paired with Toyota’s rally developed GR-Four All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) drivetrain. This system gives drivers a choice of 60-40, 50-50, or 30-70 power distribution to the front and rear wheels. GR Corolla will be provided exclusively in a manual transmission, staying true to its hands-on rally racing roots.
Its broad hatch profile and low center of gravity are built on Toyota’s GA-C platform, with enhanced frame reinforcements developed particularly for GR Corolla at GR Factory at Toyota Motomachi plant. Practical exterior air vents and aerodynamic features additional support steering stability.
GR Corolla will come in two grades, Core and Circuit Edition.
The Core Grade will be available later this year in white, black, and Supersonic Red. It can have a colour-keyed roof with a black rear lip spoiler, GR-Four stamped side rockers, and wide-fender flares. On the inside, seating for 5 will come with GR logoed fabric sports seats.
The Circuit Edition will be a limited-run model available in 2023. Customary colours are white, Supersonic Red, and Heavy Metal with the same GR-Four stamped side rockers and wide fenders as the Core. It adds a forged carbon-fiber roof, vented bulge hood and a sporty rear spoiler, Brin Naub® suede-trimmed sport seats with red accents and a launch-year-exclusive Morizo signed shift knob.
The GR Corolla will come equipped with the all-new touchscreen Toyota Audio Multimedia system.
Pricing will be announced later this year.
2023 Toyota GR Corolla
- 1.6L, 3-cylinder direct/port injected turbo engine delivers 300 hp and 273 pound-feet of torque
- GR-Four AWD system with customizable front-rear power settings
- Available in two grades: Core and launch-year-exclusive Circuit Edition
- Born from rally racing and tested to meet the highest standards set by master driver Akio Toyoda and professional TOYOTA GAZOO Racing drivers
- Genuine Toyota sportscar, precision built at the GR Factory at Toyota’s Motomachi Plant
- Complimentary 1-year membership to the National Auto Sport
- Association, featuring a High-Performance Driving Event with expert instruction