Featuring the iconic characteristics of Technics turntables, such as the coreless direct drive motor and a high-precision S-shaped aluminum tonearm, it comes in at an even more affordable price point than its award-winning sibling, the SL-1500C.
To deliver a cost-effective solution without significant compromise, the new SL-100C comes with an on-board pickup cartridge – the Audio-Technica VM95C, offering sonic finesse to satisfy the demands of real music lovers. The conical stylus of the VM95C ensures precise tracking and detail retrieval from the vinyl grooves, while the cartridge’s technical characteristics mean it is widely compatible with typical Phono MM (moving magnet) inputs found on hi-fi amplifiers.
True to the heritage of authentic Technics performance, the SL-100C impresses with the same sophisticated, coreless direct drive motor with motor control to ensure smooth rotational stability. A solid two-layer chassis ensures a meticulous tracking process, free from external vibrations, and the highly precise S-shaped aluminum tonearm is capable of gleaning the most subtle music nuances out of every vinyl disc. Even more, users have the option of enabling an automatic tonearm lift that is activated at the end of the vinyl’s groove to prevent unnecessary needle wear-out after finishing each side of an LP.
The new Technics SL-100C direct drive turntable is a highly attractive solution for all hi-fi oriented vinyl aficionados looking for an authentic Technics turntable at a highly accessible price point.
Technics SL-100C Direct Drive Turntable Key Features
- Coreless direct drive motor, achieving stable rotation that is free from cogging and has powerful torque
- Highly sensitive yet robust S-shaped aluminum tonearm
- Two-layer platter with improved vibration-damping performance
- High-rigidity cabinet and high-damping insulator for thorough shut-out of vibrations, ensuring a smooth vinyl-tracking process
- Audio-Technica AT-VM95C pickup cartridge on-board for ease of setup
- Tonearm auto-lift for minimizing needle wear-out
- Price $999,99