Swiss luxury watchmaker TAG Heuer is shaking up its popular TAG Heuer Formula 1 collection with three stylish models in fresh, energetic colors evocative of the racetrack: green, yellow, and red. These statement quartz sports watches authentically capture the spirit of the first TAG Heuer Formula 1 pieces from the 1980s, which were celebrated for their cool colors and character. They will immediately stand out on the wrist of lovers of edgy watchmaking who expertly mix high performance and daring style.
Green, yellow and red have been signature motorsport colors for decades, they carry on the legacy of the race car livery colors established in the Interwar era and which indicated the nation of origin of the car, its driver, or its team: British Racing Green, Or for yellow and gold, Rosso Corsa Italian red, and more. These traditional colors officially ruled the track until the 1970s, but they are still omnipresent today – flags, lights, track markings, team liveries… they make up the enduring palette of this thrilling sport.
The updated design codes of the three pieces are assertive and fun, with a harmonious and dynamic play of contrasting colors and subtle unique details for each reference for a cool statement look that will make a lasting impression. The 43-mm case is in fine-brushed stainless steel with pushbuttons at 2 and 4 o’clock and a strong black PVD steel fixed
tachymeter-scale bezel with positive numerals. The screw-down steel case back reveals a checkered flag motif, sign of a successfully completed race.
The stylish case houses a luminous sunray brushed dial with three “azurage” chronograph sub-counters which add texture, depth, and light effects. The angled date window is positioned at 4 o’clock and the contrasting hands and indexes are coated with white Super-LumiNova® for excellent legibility at high speed. With its streamlined and textured rubber strap the TAG Heuer Formula 1 chronograph is ready for high intensity uses; its vivid hue seamlessly matches the dial and completes the bright full-colored look.
For optimal clarity and balance, each colored piece features slightly different details. On the green edition the indexes and hands are black with white Super-LumiNova®, the central hand is lacquered white, and the chronograph sub-counters are circled in red.
On the yellow edition, the indexes are black with white Super-LumiNova®, the hours and minutes hands are black, and the central hand is lacquered red.
And for the red edition the hands and indexes are rhodium-plated with white Super-LumiNova®, the central hand is lacquered white, and the chronograph sub-counters are circled in white.
Tag Heuer Formula 1 Chronographs Specs.
Hours, minutes, seconds, date, chronograph
- Green sunray brushed dial
- Black indexes facetted hour and minutes hands with white Super-Luminova® White lacquered central hand
- Yellow sunray brushed dial
- Black indexes, facetted hour and minute hands with white Super-Luminova® Red lacquered central hand
- Red sunray brushed dial
- Rhodium plated applied indexes, facetted hour and minute hands with white Super-Luminova®
- White lacquered central hand
- Black flange with 60 second/minute scale 3 counters:
- 3 o’clock: black “azurage” permanent second indicator; rhodium-plated hand, red polished tip
- 6 o’clock: black “azurage” hour chronograph counter; 1/10th second chronograph counter; rhodium-plated hand, red polished tip
- 9 o’clock: black “azurage” minute chronograph counter; rhodium-plated hand, red polished tip
- 4 o’clock angled date
- 43 mm diameter
- Fine brushed stainless-steel case
- Steel black PVD tachymeter fixed bezel
- Black PVD stainless-steel standard crown at 3 o’clock, with black PVD fine brushed stainless-steel pushbuttons at 2 and 4 o’clock
- Fine brushed stainless steel crown protector at 3 o’clock
- Stainless steel screw-down case back Water-resistant to 200 meters (20 bar)
Tag Heuer Formula 1 Chronographs More Information