PSB Speakers, marking a 50-year milestone for excellence in loudspeaker design this year, launches the Synchrony T800 Premium Towers as the newest addition to the brand’s flagship Synchrony Series alongside the T600 Tower and B600 Bookshelf Speakers. The T800 Premium Towers are now available across North America and retail at US$11,999/CA$16,999 a pair MSRP. The T800 comes in Satin Walnut Veneer and High Gloss Black finishes.
A more robust design of PSB’s award-winning T600 Tower Speakers launched in 2021, the T800s feature larger drivers, wider frequency bandwidth, and larger power handling capacity than the T600. The T800 expands the flagship series, Synchrony, and features improvements that reflect the relentless efforts of the PSB acoustic design team to push the limits of excellence in speaker innovation since the brand’s founding in 1972. Taking center stage, the T800 carries the largest and most accurate performance envelope of any PSB loudspeaker to date and delivers a caliber of micro-detail and realism that exceeds previous flagship designs by the venerated brand.
The T800 Premium towers feature a 5-way transitional array employing three 8″ woofers, a 5.25″ midrange driver, all featuring cast baskets and woven carbon-fibre cones, and a 1″ titanium dome tweeter in a heavily braced MDF cabinet.
The new driver platform results in a dramatic reduction of non-linear distortion, allowing for higher sound pressure levels without compression or increased THD and IM distortion. This can be immediately recognized by a more open midrange and deep bass impact. Small gradations in sound, or micro-dynamics, are vastly improved compared to the brand’s previous driver platforms. The advanced driver assembly features Faraday rings, shorted turn, longer voice coil, and symmetrical magnetic drive, which all work in harmony to reduce driver distortion. The crossover in the T800 Premium Tower is the most advanced amplitude-perfect Linkwitz-Riley 4th order crossover that PSB Speakers has ever utilized, featuring high-voltage poly film capacitors and oxygen-free interconnect wire for complete driver control.
The launch of the T800 Premium Towers furthers the Synchrony Series and represents the finest application of True to Nature sound – one marked by the highest possible level of tonal accuracy, thrilling dynamics, impactful bass, transparent midrange, pinpoint imaging, and exquisite detail. Like all PSB speakers, the T800s were fine-tuned by a team of acoustic experts under the direction of PSB Founder and Chief Acoustic Designer, Paul Barton. The result – an exquisite tower speaker that can handle the most complex recordings – be it an orchestral soundtrack, quiet nature sounds, or live-action movie – with a degree of dynamic and power handling, unlike any other PSB speaker that has ever come before it.
PSB Speakers – Synchrony T800 Features
- Frequency Response on axis @0 +/- 1 1/2db of 24-20,000Hz
- 1 x 1″(25mm) titanium dome tweeter with Ferrofluid damping and neodymium magnet
- 3 x 8″(203mm) woofers and 1 x 5.25″(133mm) midrange driver with woven carbon fibre cones, cast aluminum baskets, mass-loaded rubber surrounds, and advanced motor structures
- Amplitude-perfect Linkwitz-Riley 4th-order acoustic crossover with high-voltage poly film capacitors and oxygen-free interconnect wire
- All-new five-way transitional array design
- Low-resonance MDF cabinet with extensive bracing and decoupled aluminum-clad front baffle
- Individually tuned chambers with rear-firing ports for each woofer
- Outrigger stabilizers with integrated IsoAcoustics isolators
- Satin Walnut Veneer and High Gloss Black finish options, with acoustically transparent magnetically attached grilles