On Cloudrock 2 Waterproof is the latest iteration of On’s Cloudrock high-top hiking shoe. In a total redesign, the new shoe offers a more precise close-to-the-foot fit, a new lug pattern, and a more dynamic midsole for sporting adventures. Also improved are the secure Flexlock lacing system and the closed construction under the sole to avoid picking up stones. The Cloudrock 2 Waterproof is available for $219.99 from September 29, 2022.
On Cloudrock 2 Waterproof Features
- A more precise hiking-specific fit features reinforced collars and added heel stability to help hold your feet securely on steep climbs, uneven descents, and gentle strolls.
- 20% recycled waterproof membrane shields you from wet weather
- Nylon vamp mesh uppers are breathable and waterproof; uppers are made with TPU overlays and 95% recycled polyester
- Airmesh lining materials give the uppers a soft, plush feeling
- Improved Flex-Lock lacing system secures the fit, and elasticated loops keep your laces in place to reduce the risk of hooking on the other boot
- Dual-density sockliners for added all-day comfort
- High-grade EVA foam midsoles and signature polypropylene
- Speedboard® plates are shaped for support in every step
- Shanks gives superior grip on downhills
- New lasts have bigger toe rockers that assist in rolling motion, helping you to take each step further
- Wide Cloud elements give you more foot-to-floor contact, improving grip without compromising the hiking-on-clouds sensation
- TPU toe caps and heel stabilizers help keep your feet secure and protected
- Closed midsole channels underfoot keep weight to a minimum and make sure you don’t take the trail with you
- New Missiongrip™ rubber outsoles provide better control and premium traction in dry and wet conditions