New Balance, together with tennis star Coco Gauff, officially unveil the current World #11’s first signature shoe, the New Balance Coco CG1, at an exhibition match in Atlanta.
The New Balance Coco CG1 is a mid-top, 90’s inspired silhouette built with the brand’s most innovative technology and design details, meant to transcend the worlds of sport and fashion. Coco worked closely with the New Balance design team to make sure the importance of family was at the forefront of her creative inspiration, as well as her desire to drive the next generation.
The Coco CG1 features a FuelCell midsole, meant to deliver a propulsive feel in a player’s lateral footwork together with Energy Arc technology that pairs sport-specific carbon fiber plate geometry with strategic midsole voids, designed to increase stored energy to deliver a higher amount of total energy returned. A full-length NDurance rubber outsole delivers the durability and traction needed for multi-court play. Designed for comfort and stability during grueling matches, the Coco CG1 has a FitWeave Lite upper for targeted stretch and support where needed.
The Coco CG1 includes hidden design details such as Coco’s signature incorporated on the tongue and upper material. The consumer can also find a basketball on the left heel and a track spike on the right heel representing her parent’s collegiate sports. Finally, the right toe includes a quote from Corey Gauff which says “You can change the world with your racket” and the left toe includes the coordinates of the park where Coco grew up playing tennis.
As the youngest woman to reach the Finals of both singles and doubles at a major since 1999, Coco Gauff is determined to pave her own path and use her platform for good along the way. New Balance and Coco Gauff are proud that the Coco CG1 is also the third signature shoe for Team New Balance Women across tennis, running, and softball.
New Balance Coco CG1 Features
- FuelCell foam delivers a propulsive feel to help drive you forward
- NDure upper technology is designed for superior durability
- Fit Weave Lite keeps its shape for targeted stretch and support with an extra lightweight feel
- Energy Arc pairs sport-specific carbon fiber plate geometry with strategic midsole voids, designed to increase stored energy to deliver a higher amount of total energy returned
- The full-length Ndurance outsole provides superior traction and durability to help get more wear out of the shoe
- Saddle gore band for additional support during lateral cut movements
- Designed in collaboration with NB Athlete Coco Gauff
- Graphics, logos, and lace jewel detail inspired by Coco Gauff
- Price $170