In 2022, Mido celebrated 20 years of architectural inspiration with five limited editions paying homage to its flagship collections inspired by remarkable monuments. The anniversary edition of the Commander – in steel with a sunray anthracite dial and light brown Super-LumiNova® – brings this saga to closure. Timeless lines and stylistic nods recall the Eiffel Tower. Just like this monument, the iconic Commander collection defies time. This rare watch is limited to 1,889 pieces – a reference to the year in which the ‘Iron Lady’ was unveiled. This ultra-accurate and reliable timepiece keeps time thanks to the Caliber 80 Si. Fitted with a high-tech silicon balance spring, this movement has been certified as a Chronometer by the Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres (Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute – COSC). This exclusive edition is presented in a special case alongside a commemorative medallion and a limited-edition certificate.
Mido Commander anniversary limited edition is ready to defy time. A delicate sunray finish on its anthracite face catches the light. The shape of the index at 12 o’clock evokes the Tower’s silhouette. Light brown Super-LumiNova® on the diamond-cut hour and minute hands and polished indexes also recalls its colour. Its luminescence ensures complete legibility at night. A very practical aperture at 3 o’clock displays the day and date. This dial is protected by a sapphire crystal, ensuring the information can be read at a glance. The radiance of the subtly polished and satin-finished case continues with a bracelet forged from steel and fitted with a folding clasp.
Built for the 1889 World’s Fair, the Eiffel Tower is one of the most astonishing technical feats in the history of humanity. Similarly, the Caliber 80 Si benefits from the latest technological innovations. Its high-tech silicon balance spring and its power reserve of up to 80 hours attest to its reliability. The chronometric accuracy of the Caliber 80 Si is also certified by the renowned COSC. Refined finishes accentuate it, such as Geneva stripes on the oscillating weight – featuring a rhodium-coloured treatment – and blued screws. The water resistance of this limited-edition Commander is guaranteed up to a pressure of 5 bar (50 m / 165 ft). Lastly, the case back is engraved with the Eiffel Tower.
The Commander, a style icon, stands the test of time while measuring it with the greatest accuracy – a tribute to Mido’s passion for timeless monuments.
Mido Commander 20th Anniversary Inspired By Architecture Limited Edition Specifications
- Movement Automatic Mido Caliber 80 Si (ETA C07.821 base), COSC-certified chronometer, 11½’’’, Ø25.60 mm, height: 5.31 mm, 25 jewels, 21,600 vph, silicon balance-spring, decorative disc with Si logo on the balance bridge. Finely decorated chronometer movement with blued screws, oscillating weight decorated with Geneva stripes, and the Mido logo. Functions: HMSD + Day. Adjusted in 5 different positions for high accuracy. Up to 80 hours of power reserve.
- Case Satin-finished stainless steel, Ø40 mm, 3 pieces, faceted and domed sapphire crystal, screwed case back, finely decorated chronometer movement. Case back decorated with the Eiffel Tower. Limited edition xxxx/1889, engraved serial number, water-resistant up to a pressure of 5 bar (50 m / 165 ft).
- Bracelet Satin-finished stainless steel bracelet and folding clasp.
- Dial Anthracite, sunray satin-finished, polished applied indexes with light brown Super-LumiNova®, day and date at 3 o’clock.
- Hands Flat diamond-cut hour and minute hands with light brown Super-LumiNova® for enhanced legibility at night, flat diamond-cut seconds hand.
Mido Commander 20th Anniversary Inspired By Architecture Limited Edition More Information