The all-new and all-electric Lotus Eletre is a putting and progressive Hyper-SUV – the primary of a new breed of pure electric SUVs. It takes the core principles and Lotus DNA from greater than 70 years of sports car design and engineering, evolving them right into a desirable all-new life-style car for the next generation of Lotus customers.
The company’s famed experience in the fields of ride and handling, steering and optimised aerodynamics have been carefully and respectfully evolved. The Eletre takes the heart and soul of the latest Lotus sports car – the Emira – and the revolutionary aero efficiency of the all-electric Evija hypercar, and reinterprets them as a Hyper-SUV.
A bold new dimension to the Lotus performance car portfolio, the Eletre delivers a significant number of firsts for Lotus – the first five-door production car, the primary model outside sports car segments, the first life-style EV, probably the most ‘connected’ Lotus ever. And yet it remains a true Lotus, a gorgeous car ‘carved by air’, packed with pioneering technology, genuine sporting efficiency and ease of purpose, designed and developed by a passionate and international team. The Lotus Eletre is alive with character and persona.
The Eletre is 4WD, has a battery capacity that’s over 100kWh and with power from 600hp. A 350kW charger will deliver a 400km (248 miles) range in just 20 minutes. The car’s goal maximum WLTP driving range is c.600km (c.373 miles). It additionally comes with the power as standard to accept 22kW AC charging which, where available, reduces the time plugged in.
Technology contains the most advanced active aerodynamics package deal on any production SUV, and intelligent driving technologies such as the world’s first deployable Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR) system in a production car. Add in a dynamic walk-up sequence that delivers a moment of theatre every time the driver approaches the car, and it’s clear the Eletre is making a simple assertion – that is Lotus reinvented, the birth of a new icon into the Lotus stable.
Matt Windle, Managing Director, Lotus Cars, commented: “The Eletre is a bold and revolutionary new car, delivering on our dedication to maneuver Lotus into completely new automotive segments as we widen our global appeal and accessibility. This can be a momentous point in our history and a clear signal of our ongoing desire to transform our business. It’s a true Lotus, and we’re assured it’s going to delight performance car customers and offer a distinct alternative to the segment’s established players. The Eletre has the soul of a Lotus and the usability of an SUV. Alongside the Emira sports automobile, that is the perfect two-car garage from Lotus.”
Qingfeng Feng, CEO, Group Lotus, added: “The Eletre, our Hyper-SUV, is a new performance car from an iconic performance car model and it’ll appeal to independent-minded and adventurous driving enthusiasts – those who love the thrill of driving. It’s a unique combination of beautiful design, exceptional dynamic performance and everyday usability, for those who dare to look beyond the conventional, and marks a turning point for our business and brand.”
He added: “While the worldwide critical acclaim for the Emira has reaffirmed Lotus’ position as a respected sports car marque, the Eletre will make Lotus accessible to a whole new audience. It’s a compelling alternative for those who desire a true driver’s car but whose lifestyle demands something more practical than a traditional sports car. And it is only the start for Lotus – there is much more to come.”
- All-new and all-electric Hyper-SUV from Lotus
- Bold, progressive and exotic, with iconic sports car DNA evolved for the next generation of Lotus customers
- The soul of a Lotus with the usability of an SUV
- “A momentous point in our history” – Matt Windle, MD, Lotus Car
- “The Eletre, our Hyper-SUV, is for those who dare to look beyond the conventional and marks a turning point for our business and brand” – Qingfeng Feng, CEO, Group Lotus
- First of three new Lotus lifestyle EVs in next four years, with design language inspired by world’s first British EV hypercar, the award-winning Lotus Evija
- ‘Born British, Raised Globally’ – UK-led design, with engineering support from Lotus teams around the world
- Carved by air: unique Lotus design ‘porosity’ means air flows through the vehicle for improved aerodynamics, speed, range and overall efficiency
- Power outputs starting at 600hp
- 350kW charge time of just 20 minutes for 400km (248 miles) of driving, accepts 22kW AC charging
- Target driving range of c.600km (c.373 miles) on full charge
- Eletre joins exclusive ‘The Two-Second Club’ – capable of 0-100km/h (0-62mph) in less than three seconds
- Most advanced active aerodynamics package on any production SUV
- World-first deployable LIDAR technology in a production car to support intelligent driving technologies
- Extensive use of carbon fibre and aluminium for weight reduction throughout
- Interior includes highly durable man-made textiles and sustainable lightweight wool blends
- Manufacturing at all-new hi-tech facility in China to start later this year