Land Rover Classic has continued its partnership with Elliot Brown Watches – official timekeeper of the Land Rover Trophy competition – with the release of 1,000 new Trophy Expedition timepieces. The watch priced at £595, is inspired by the New Classic Defender Works V8 Trophy II, which pays homage to seven decades of global Land Rover exploration and adventure.
Based on Elliot Brown’s best-selling Holton Professional model, each of the 1,000 exclusive timepieces shares a number of features influenced by the iconic 4×4, such as its unique camouflage design and glowing silhouettes of Land Rovers throughout its expedition history. It is available in addition to the unique Competitor’s Edition timepiece reserved exclusively for customers of the vehicle.
Created alongside the Classic Defender Works V8 Trophy II, the timepiece features intricate detailing, with elements inspired by the limited run of 25 vehicles – including the unique camouflage of each car, the design featuring outlines of 23 locations that have played a part in Land Rover’s illustrious off-roading and exploration adventures over more than 70 years.
As with the limited run of vehicles, each watch also features hidden silhouettes of Defender series Land Rovers both old and new. On the watch, these are visible in the dark and by day via a UV torch that is supplied with each timepiece. The camouflage design extends to the watch dial with three colors of high-grade SuperLuminova® that illuminate at night to glow white, ice blue, and pale green.
Unique dial highlights include black hands and a white lollipop counterbalance on the ice blue-tipped second hand. At the base of the dial under the 6h baton are the words ‘Freezing Point’ along with a frozen star at the 32 seconds position printed in pale ice blue. The case displays the unique number given to every watch, along with the Land Rover Trophy logo, Union Flag, and silhouettes of Series Land Rovers, brightly brushed in contrast to the dark matt background.
Finishing the watch is Elliot Brown’s bespoke soft rubber deployant strap for the perfect combination of comfort, practicality, and aesthetics. The perfect complement to the attention to detail lavished on each individual Classic Defender Works V8 Trophy II built at Land Rover Classic Works.
The announcement of the Elliot Brown Trophy Expedition watch coincides with Land Rover Classic’s reveal of the Classic Defender Works V8 Trophy II. Powered by Land Rover’s 5.0-liter V8 petrol powertrain, producing 405PS and 515Nm of torque, the limited-edition features an eight-speed ZF automatic transmission. Each model undergoes a comprehensive build with uprated suspension, steering enhancements, and uprated brakes.
Land Rover x Elliot Brown Trophy II Features
- Tri-colour ‘lume’ expedition dial inspired by the expedition camouflage of the Works V8 Trophy vehicles glows white, ice blue, and pale green.
- As with the limited run of vehicles, hidden Series Defender silhouettes feature but are only visible when the dial is glowing (UV torch included)
- Matt dazzle camouflage case with bi-color hardened PVD coating over marine grade stainless steel.
- Unique black hands with white lollipop counterbalance on ice blue tipped seconds hand.
- At the base of the dial under the 6h baton are the words ‘Freezing Point’ along with a frozen star at the 32 seconds position printed in pale ice blue (as in Freezing Point 32 Degrees Fahrenheit)
- The case back displays the unique number given to every watch (allocated randomly), the Land Rover Trophy logo, and the Union Flag with silhouettes of Series Land rovers brightly brushed in contrast to the dark background.
- Finishing the watch is a bespoke soft rubber deployant strap for the perfect combination of comfort, practicality, and classy aesthetic.
Land Rover x Elliot Brown Trophy II More Information