Hyperlite 3400 Southwest Backpack
On rugged and tight trails, the 3400 Southwest is a versatile performer that may adapt and deal with the best way gear volumes change for weekend, part, or thru-hikes. Best when resupply factors are much less frequent and/or for tools flexibility is required. When the additional quantity is not in use, the 3400’s top can roll down sufficient to make the general size of the pack similar to the 2400, however that extra space can come in fairly useful if you need it.
When the route is thick with vegetation, requires the occasional up and over immovable objects, and calls for “suck in your intestine and shimmy through” sort strikes, the Southwest is the backpack you need up-close and personal. This pack family is made particularly for tough adventures that may rip most different ultralight-style packs to shreds.
Hyperlite 3400 Southwest Backpack Dimensions
- Materials: White: DCH50 (Main Body) & DCH150 (Bottom)
- Black: DCH150 (Main Body & Bottom) Internal Volume: 55L | 3400 cu in.
- External Volume: 9.8L | 600 cu in.
- Weight: White: 1.98 lbs | 31.7 oz. | 899g, Black: 2.18 lbs | 34.9 oz. | 989g
- Load Capacity: Up to 40 lbs
- Back Width: 10.5″ | 26.7cm
- Height (fully unrolled): 34″ | 86.4cm
- Top Circumference: 40″ | 101.6cm
- Bottom Circumference: 33.5″ | 85.1cm
Hyperlite 3400 Southwest Backpack Features
- External Pockets:Three external, solid Hardline with Dyneema® pockets
- Zippered Pockets:Hardline with Dyneema® zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Internal Sleeve:Internal 8″ x 14” mesh sleeve for hydration bladder
- Top Closure:Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Hip Belt:Hardline with Dyneema® dual-density hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 1/4” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Back:Integrated 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Loops:Grab Loop & Ice Axe loop
- Side Straps:Side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Compression Straps:Top Y-strap compression — Designed to secure gear
- Shoulder Straps:Hardline with Dyneema® shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Sternum Straps:Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic and whistle
- Buckles/Bungees:Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Stays:Two removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Sealing:Proprietary seam tape on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
- Pack Accessory Options:Shoulder Pocket, Versa, Stuff Sacks & Pods
- Daisy Chains:Daisy chains on shoulder straps
- Water Resistant:Yes
- Compatible With:Pods, Drawstring or Roll-Top Stuff Sacks, Stuff Sack Pillow
The price of the product is $355. Click for detailed information