Hasselblad’s next-generation mirrorless medium format digital camera, the X2D 100C, has been engineered to bring substantial technological enhancements to image quality, camera handling, and system responsiveness. Designed in a new dark grey tone body of machined aluminium, the X2D 100C houses a 100-megapixel back-side illuminated (BSI) (43.8 × 32.9 mm) CMOS sensor, delivering up to 15 stops of dynamic range with a 16-bit colour depth. The X2D 100C enables a creative experience unimaginable in the past. It empowers content creators to capture the intricacies of an image’s highlights and shadows, utilising the Hasselblad Natural Colour Solution (HNCS). Working alongside the new 5-axis, 7-stop in-body image stabilisation system (IBIS), handheld image capture is possible in the widest range of conditions. Hasselblad independently developed its own IBIS for the X2D 100C in order to meet the stringent requirements for stabilising a 100MP sensor. Keeping size and weight in mind for easy portability, the X2D 100C is the most compact medium format IBIS solution on the market.
With 294 Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) zones, the system ensures the subject is rapidly located and brought into focus. The X2D 100C captures files in 3FR RAW and full-size JPEG, and the cutting-edge, built-in 1TB SSD storage and CFexpress Type B card support delivers a high capture rate for fast-moving subjects.
Hasselblad X2D 100C features an 0.5-inch OLED Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) with 5.76-million dots, a high magnification of 1.00x with a refresh rate of 60fps, which supports electric refractive error correction to ensure the whole display is sharp and bright, from corner to corner.2 A 1.08-inch colour top display and a 2.36MP, 3.6-inch tilting, touch-capable rear display delivers access to all of these new imaging technologies whilst keeping the intuitive Hasselblad User Interface (HUI) and Scandinavian style of the X System. The battery has a CIPA rating of 420 shots and supports PD 3.0 fast charging.3 Additionally, the X2D 100C is compatible with Phocus, Hasselblad’s free image processing software.
Hasselblad X2D 100C Key Features
- Large medium format 100MP BSI CMOS sensor
- Up to 15 stops of dynamic range, 16-bit colour depth
- ISO 64 to ISO 25600
- 294 phase detection autofocus (PDAF) zones
- 5-axis 7-stop in-body image stabilisation
- Built-in 1TB SSD, with a write speed up to 2370MB/s and read speeds up to 2850MB/s2
- CFexpress Type B card slot
- 76M-dot OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF)
- 08-inch coloured top display
- High-resolution, 3.6-inch, 2.36M-dot touch and tilt screen
- Intuitive user interface with swipe and pinch touch controls
- Dual-band 2.4/5GHz Wi-Fi connection4
- USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 port
- PD 3.0 fast charging protocol
- Portable workflow with Phocus Mobile 2 support5
- Price: €8,699