GMC’s introduction of the first-ever Sierra EV marks a turning point for the premium truck brand, as it expands its portfolio of all-electric trucks. Led by the 2024 GMC Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, it offers uncompromising pickup capability, a GM-estimated 400 miles of range on a full charge, and unique features made possible only by its dedicated EV truck platform.
GMC will be the only brand to offer three all-electric trucks, with the Sierra EV joining the popular GMC HUMMER EV Pickup and SUV. Underpinning these three trucks is GM’s groundbreaking Ultium Platform, which enables incredible versatility and optimal performance in an all-electric truck.
The 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 will be available at launch in early 2024. GMC will introduce the Sierra EV AT4 and Elevation trims in the 2025 model year.
The 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1’s Ultium battery pack enables its GM-estimated driving range of 400 miles on a full charge. It is also a structural element of the vehicle, which contributes to its overall strength, durability, and performance. Furthermore, the placement of the battery pack lowers the truck’s center of gravity, while enhancing ride comfort and driving confidence on and off the road.
Front and rear electric drive units channel a GM-estimated 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque to the wheels via an e4WD system in Max Power mode, giving the truck exceptional traction and capability in almost every driving scenario.
The foundation of the all-new Sierra EV’s range, performance, and capabilities is the revolutionary Ultium Platform, first seen on the GMC HUMMER EV super-truck. After the launch of the Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, GMC will introduce additional trims with a selection of ranges and trailering ratings.
Additionally, the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1’s Power Station Pro allows the truck to be used as a mobile power source in multiple situations. With the available Ultium Power Bar accessory, the 2024 Sierra EV offers 10.2kW of off-board power through up to 10 outlets that can help power tools and other accessories on the trail or at a campsite, as needed. When properly equipped, the Sierra EV Denali’s Power Station Pro can even power another EV.
This off-board power capability means that with the right configuration, such as a bi-directional charger and additional products and services offered through GM Energy’s Ultium Home line, the Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 can power a home’s essential necessities, for up to 21 days collectively.
When it comes to charging performance, the 2024 Sierra EV Denali includes a 19.2kW onboard AC charging module for home and public charging. It also features 800V DC Public Fast Charging capability of up to 350kW, enabling approximately 100 miles of range to be added in only 10 minutes.
Owners also have access to Ultium Charge 360, GM’s holistic approach to EV charging, designed to help simplify the overall charging experience, including access to more than 110,000 publicly available charging points in the U.S. and Canada.
The Sierra EV offers the brand’s latest charging, infotainment and propulsion technologies that work holistically to help enhance and optimize every drive.
It all starts when the driver enters the vehicle. With Hands-Free Start, the vehicle turns on after the driver enters with a key fob. Once in the vehicle, the driver simply has to put their foot on the brake and put the vehicle into gear and they are ready to go. Simple and intuitive.
The driver is also welcomed by the bold animation of the Sierra EV Denali Edition 1’s multiple high-resolution display screens, the center point of which is a large, 16.8-inch-diagonal freeform touchscreen. It’s the first portrait-oriented screen for GMC.
The touchscreen offers a user-friendly, freeform, customizable experience where icons can be organized similar to a smartphone while keeping common buttons easily accessible. The screen can also be “split” to operate up to three apps simultaneously. And with GM’s Ultifi vehicle software platform, new features, apps, and experiences can be downloaded over the air for greater personalization.
Additionally, in the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, the central 16.8-inch-diagonal screen is paired with an 11-inch-diagonal reconfigurable driver information center and a multi-color Head Up Display offering 14 diagonal inches of view. It all adds up to more than 40 diagonal inches of digital displays providing ease of use and confident command for the driver. Further supporting that confidence is up to 14 available camera views to enhance visibility around the vehicle.
2024 GMC Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 Features
- GM-estimated range of 400 miles (640 km) on a full charge
- GM-estimated 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque in Max Power mode
- Onboard Power Station Pro turns Sierra EV Denali into a mobile power source, with up to 10.2kW of off-board power that can be used in a variety of situations
- 800 Volt DC Public Fast Charging capable at up to 350kW, enabling up to 100 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes — the best charging capability in the EV truck segment
- 16.8-inch-diagonal freeform infotainment touchscreen — the largest ever in a Sierra
- Trailering-capable Super Cruise hands-free driver assistance technology on more than 400,000 miles of compatible roads in the U.S. and Canada
- Customizable drive modes, including Max Power mode, which enables 0-60 mph acceleration in less than 4.5 seconds (GM estimate)
- Air Ride Adaptive Suspension that both enables a more comfortable ride as well as the ability to raise or lower the truck by approximately 2 inches
- Braking14, One-Pedal Driving15, and 4-Wheel Steer with CrabWalk
- Versatility and next-generation GMC functional design enabled by the Ultium Platform
- GMC-first MultiPro Midgate™ expandable bed offers room for hauling longer items, while still enabling room for a rear-seat passenger
- eTrunk™ increases cargo room capability with a lockable, weatherproof compartment at the front of the vehicle
- Up to 9,500 pounds (4,309 kg) max towing capacity
- Authentic premium materials including grain-matched open-pore wood (including a wood veneer induction wireless charger), aluminum, etched stainless steel, and more that customers have come to expect from the Denali name
- Bold, all-new design features including a panoramic fixed glass roof
- A sleek, modern interior crafted with exceptional attention to detail — from seat stitching that invokes the bold lines of the truck’s profile to a streamlined dashboard — lays the foundation for the future of the brand
2024 GMC Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 More Information