2023 Mercedes EQS SUV is the first all-electric premium SUV from Mercedes-EQ. The innovative and holistic design is based on a new vehicle architecture. New EQS SUV shares its long wheelbase (126.4 inches) with the EQS Sedan but is over 7.8 inches higher than the sedan.
The interior dimensions benefit from these generous SUV dimensions and from the advantages of the purpose design tailored to the electric platform. The second row of seats can be electrically adjusted as standard. Up to four golf bags are able to fit in the trunk. The third row of seats with two additional individual seats and extensive comfort features for all passengers are available as an optional extra.
The new 2023 Mercedes EQS SUV
- Depending on the vehicle equipment and configuration, WLTP ranges of more than 600 kilometers (373 miles) are possible.
- The torque sent to the wheels by the respective eATS (electric drive train) is checked 10,000 times per minute and adjusted if necessary. This enables a much faster response in the versions with 4MATIC than with mechanical all-wheel drive.
- As standard, the EQS SUV has rear-axle steering with a steering angle of up to 10 degrees, the turning circle is reduced from 39 to 36 feet with 10 degrees rear-axle steering.
- The electric motor on the rear axle has 2 windings with 3 phases each. This 6-phase design makes this permanently excited synchronous motor (PSM) particularly powerful. The peak output is 265 kW.
- Flush door handles and the panoramic room are standard equipment. As is a standard panoramic sunroof. It consists of two modules that together form a very large glass surface and thus ensure a lot of transparency and light in the interior.
- The service flap for wiper fluid is integrated into the side of the left fender.
- Digital Light has a light module in each headlamp with three extremely bright LEDs whose light is refracted and directed with the help of 1.3 million micro-mirrors. The resolution is, therefore, more than 2.6 million pixels per vehicle.
- Mercedes me Charge has an integrated charging network, with around 700,000 charging points, including more than 60,000 in the United States.
- With the MBUX Hyperscreen (special equipment), multiple displays merge seamlessly to create an impressive curved screen band over 56 inches wide. The area perceived by the occupant’s measures 2432.11 sq. cm.
- The large glass covering the MBUX Hyperscreen is curved in three dimensions in a molding process at temperatures of approx. 1202°F. This process allows a distortion-free view of the display unit across the entire width of the vehicle, irrespective of the radius of the glass cover.
- A lithium-ion battery with 12 cell modules is installed in the EQS SUV. With this generation of batteries, a major step has been achieved in terms of the sustainability of the cell chemistry: the optimized active material consists of nickel, cobalt and manganese in a ratio of 8:1:1.
- The optional driving sound of the EQS SUV is interactive and reacts to a good dozen different parameters such as the position of the accelerator pedal, speed or energy recovery.
- Head-up displays are available in two sizes as an option. The head-up display with augmented reality content shows relevant information and actions three-dimensionally in the real driving situation and environment. Its display area has a diagonal of 77 inches. A virtual color image seems to float in the field of vision at a distance of about 33 feet.
- The HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter as part of the optional ENERGIZING AIR CONTROL Plus, with a volume of 9.82 cubic decimeters, cleans the incoming outside air at its very high filtration level. Up to 99.75 percent of particles are separated out. Around 600 grams of activated charcoal are used to neutralize odors. The adsorption area is equivalent to about 150 football fields.
- For haptic feedback during operation, a total of 12 actuators are located under the touchscreen surfaces of the MBUX Hyperscreen. If a finger touches certain spots there, they trigger a tangible vibration in the cover plate.
- 1 Coating of the cover glass simplifies cleaning of the MBUX Hyperscreen. The curved glass itself consists of particularly scratch-resistant aluminum silicate.
- 8 CPU cores, 24 GB RAM and 46.4 GB per second RAM memory bandwidth are some of the MBUX technical data.
- The brightness of the MBUX Hyperscreen is adjusted to the ambient conditions using the measurement data from 1 multifunction camera plus 1 light sensor.
- With up to 7 profiles, the display area for the front passenger on the MBUX Hyperscreen can be individualized.
- “Hey Mercedes” supports 27 languages with Natural Language Understanding (NLU).