2023 Citroën Berlingo 2CV Fourgonnette is a modern reinterpretation of it – one which has all the assets associated with the current Berlingo as far as architecture, loading capacities, modularity, on-board technologies, and road performance are concerned. Citroën Berlingo features a number of exterior style components that pay homage to the legendary 2CV Fourgonnette AU (U for “Utility”) launched in 1951 which enjoyed a loyal following with its many spin-offs until 1987.
All The Advantages of 2023 Citroën Berlingo 2CV Fourgonnette
- At the time, the 2CV Fourgonnette caused upheaval on its segment because of what it looked like and how it performed. The commercial van could reach average speeds of between 40 and 50 km/h and carry up to 250 kg of goods (as well as the driver) in an effective volume of 1.88 m³.
- The new version has done away with all the noise of the two-cylinder engine and the hole in the grille for the crank. Needless to say, the Berlingo 2CV Fourgonnette brings with it the best of its era in terms of comfort, space, modularity, and safety.
- Berlingo Van can carry 3 people (5 in the private passenger version) and it can go significantly faster. It is also bigger – its loading capacity has quadrupled: (it can now carry up to a tonne) and its effective volume has practically tripled (it’s now 4.4 m³).
- Despite being compact – which makes it agile and easy to handle – it still boasts plenty space aboard, making this utility vehicle the ideal tool for traders and craftsmen. Thanks to its Extenso® cabin, the vehicle’s effective length can be extended to up to 3.09 m (size M) by retracting the passenger seat.
- To make driving, loading, and performing manoeuvres easier, Berlingo Van features up to 18 driver assistance technologies and 4 connectivity technologies. These include the colour head-up display, hands-free access, and start, the overload indicator and surround rear vision, as well as the Active Safety Brake, towing stability control, Grip Control with Hill Assist Descent, and the blind angle monitoring system.
- The commercial vehicle is available as a diesel-powered 1.5 BlueHDi, a petrol-powered 1.2 PureTech, and an EAT8 automatic gearbox. The electric version has a range of up to 275 km per day, delivering a noise-free and vibration-free ride. It has the same effective volume and its battery can be charged to 80% in 30 minutes at a public charging station. ë-Berlingo Van has a deferred charging function and the temperature of the passenger compartment can be preset.