At the heart of the Escalade-V is a supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 engine rated at 682 horsepower (508 kilowatts) and 653 lb-ft of torque (885 Nm). Standard performance elements include a 10-speed automatic transmission calibrated for Escalade-V, a full-time active all-wheel-drive system, and exclusive suspension hardware and software calibrations. An Escalade-V ESV version is also available.
2023 Cadillac Escalade-V Features
- Unique V-Series front and rear fascias.
- Quad exhaust outlets.
- Exclusive Six-Piston Brembo® front brakes.
- Edge Red brake calipers.
- Unique 22-inch aluminum wheels.
- Standard Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 and Air Ride Adaptive Suspension, with uniquely tuned rear air springs and damper hardware, as well as V-Series specific software calibrations.
- Selectable V-Mode with driver-customizable performance driving settings, lowered suspension and active exhaust valves that control the throaty V-8 growl.
- V-Series badging on the driver and front passenger doors, liftgate, and throughout the interior, including the steering wheel.
- Platinum trim interior featuring Zebra Wood decor with semi-aniline leather on all three rows, and heated/ventilated and massaging1 front seats.
- Escalade’s signature curved OLED with 38 inches of total diagonal display.
- AKG Studio Reference 36-speaker audio system.
- Available Super Cruise2 hands-free driver-assistance technology, including trailering and automatic lane change capabilities (late availability).
Rated at a GM-estimated 682 horsepower at 6,000 engine rpm and 653 lb-ft of torque at 4,400 engine rpm, the Escalade-V’s 6.2L hand-built supercharged and intercooled engine builds on a legacy of supercharged V-8 engines offered in Cadillac V-Series models, those being the second-and third-generation CTS-V models, the XLR-V, and most recently, the CT5-V Blackwing.
The Escalade-V’s engine shares architectural similarities with the CT5-V Blackwing’s supercharged V-8 but features a larger, 2.65L R2650 TVS supercharger that helps overcome the higher inlet and exhaust restrictions on the full-size SUV application. It spins at up to 13,500 rpm to produce approximately 10 pounds of boost and has an electronically controlled bypass valve for optimal drivability. The supercharger’s unique four-lobe rotors are designed to broaden the engine’s power band, with great low-end torque production and strong high-rpm power.
2023 Cadillac Escalade-V goes on sale late this summer, with a starting MSRP of $149,990. Please click for more details.