The most advanced X Series mirrorless camera yet, Fujifilm X-H2S includes advanced features for both still photography and video. It is also the first APS-C digital camera of its kind to feature Fujifilm’s 26.16MP X-TransTM CMOS 5 HS imaging sensor, a stacked, back-side illuminated imaging sensor with a signal reading speed up to four times faster than Fujifilm’s previous X-TransTM CMOS 41.
X-Trans™ CMOS 5, combined with the newly minted X-Processor 5 (which doubles the camera’s processing power compared to X-Processor 4), greatly enhances overall image fidelity at lower ISOs and reduces noise at higher ISOs. Subject-detection AF, which maximizes the tracking speed and accuracy of moving subjects, is now made possible through the incorporation of an AI processor.
For video, X-Processor 5 enables the recording of 10-bit 4:2:2 video in resolutions up to 6.2K/30P and frame rates as fast as 4K/120P and FHD/240p. Support for professional codecs, like Apple ProRes HQ/ Pro Res 422/ Pro Res LT, provide incredible flexibility within post-production workflows, while also minimizing power consumption, thereby extending the camera’s maximum video recording time up to 240 minutes.
Fujifilm X-H2S Mirrorless Digital Camera Features
- Major boost to burst mode capability: X-H2S can apply AF / AE tracking in blackout-free continuous shooting conditions of up to 40 frames per second, and can create over 1,000 frames continuously with the high-speed burst shooting mode set to 30 frames per second (JPEG) or 20 frames per second (RAW)
- Dramatically evolved autofocus (AF) performance: X-H2S’s high number of AF calculations performed per second improves overall AF accuracy and facilitates subject-detection AF. Developed with Deep Learning technology, subject-detection AF implements an advanced prediction algorithm to enhance the performance of Zone AF, by refining the camera’s ability to track moving subjects in low-contrast environments. Subject Detection and tracking have also been expanded from the human face and eyes to now include animals, birds, cars, motorcycles, bicycles, airplanes, and trains. X-H2S keeps targeted subjects consistently in focus, allowing users to concentrate on framing and critical image-making opportunities.
- Exceptional video performance: X-H2S digital camera supports internal recording of 4:2:2, 10-bit Apple ProRes HQ/ ProRes 422/ ProRes LT, and ProRes 422 Proxy at resolutions of up to 6.2K/30P and 4:2:2, 10-bit h.265 video in frame rates as fast as 4K/120P and FHD/ 240p. The sensor’s readout speed of 1/180 seconds when recording video further assists in minimizing rolling shutter effects on moving subjects, or when the camera itself is moving. A heat-dissipating design brings the 4K/60P continuous video recording time to approximately 240 minutes, while the optional FAN-001 cooling fan accessory assists with maintaining similar levels of performance in high-temperature conditions.
- Significant flexibility for external recording: X-H2S is the first X Series digital camera to contain F-Log2, which provides a dynamic range of up to 14+ stops, allowing for more creative possibilities both in production and post-production workflows.
- X-H2S controls phase-detection pixels independently from image display when in burst mode. This triples the number of calculations in phase-detection from the acclaimed FUJIFILM X-T4 and enables high-speed focusing even during high-speed continuous shooting.
- X-H2S’s electronic viewfinder uses a high-resolution, 5.76-million-dot panel with a magnification of 0.8x. With a frame rate of approximately 120fps, the smooth viewfinder offers stellar visibility as a result of strong suppression of parallax and distortion (which commonly occurs when an eye position becomes displaced while using the viewfinder), thereby enabling accurate subject tracking.
- Image sensor: 23.5mm x 15.6mm (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS 5 HS with primary color filter
- Number of effective pixels: 26.16 millions pixels
- Image Processing Engine: X-Processor 5
- Storage media: SD Card (-2GB) / SDHC Card (-32GB) / SDXC Card (-2TB) / UHS-I / UHS-II / Video Speed Class V90 / CFexpress Type B Card (-2TB)
- File format of still image: DCF, JPEG, HEIF, RAW, TIFF
FujiFilm X-H2S mirrorless digital camera is expected to be available in early July 2022 at the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of $2,499.95 USD. More Information