A complete performance package, it does 2023 Canyon Ultimate an injustice to pigeonhole it ‘just’ as a climber’s bike or say it’s only for pros looking to shave every possible gram. It’s much more than that. This is the right bike for everyone drawn to the purity and clarity of the Ultimate’s aesthetics, but still who demand cutting-edge performance technology and performance features. And everyone looking for a bike that’s flat-out fun to ride on any route you point it at. In short, this is a road bike for everyone.
Since the first generation launched back in 2004, the Ultimate has been and remains the absolute pinnacle of Canyon’s road performance range – a pure road bike made for racing. Its unsurpassed handling and ride feel make the Ultimate the choice of hundreds of thousands of riders around the world, from ambitious amateurs to the world’s top pros.
Pro teams have already been riding the new Ultimate since the beginning of the season – with two stage wins at the Vuelta a España in the hands of Alpecin-Deceuninck rider Jay Vine, the bike has already made its mark at the highest stages of racing even before its official market launch.
2023 Canyon Ultimate Key Features
- Incredible comfort: improved ergonomics and more tyre clearance – room for up to 32 mm rubber.
- Improved aerodynamics: reduced drag thanks to optimisations made with aero experts Swiss Side – saving 10 watts for the frameset alone.
- Cutting-edge integration: invisible integration of cables and lines, all in a user-friendly setup.
- Easy fitting: cockpit with simple height and width adjustment, no steerer tube cutting needed, easier to transport.
- Low weight: only 6.3 kg (Ultimate CFR Di2: excluding pedals and accessories, size M), even with extra reinforcement in key high-stress areas.
- Coming in three platforms – CFR, CF SLX, and CF SL – and available in an incredibly wide size spectrum, all riders can find their perfect bike in the new Ultimate portfolio.
At the top end of the range, three flagship Ultimate CFR models, starting at €10,499, combine a superlight CFR frame with the finest components available on the market. All CFR framesets set a new performance benchmark with a premium carbon layup delivering lightness, durability, and stiffness at WorldTour level.
The CF SLX platform also comprises three models, starting at a price point of €6,299 for the Ultimate CF SLX 8 eTap, featuring SRAM’s Force eTap groupset. The €2,699 Ultimate CF SL 7 rounds out the range.
Canyon Ultimate CFR – $10,999
Canyon Ultimate CF SLX – $6,999
Canyon Ultimate CF SL – $2,999